Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ground Zero


I was in New York last year for the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. My first night there was September 10th, and my buddy and I walked from Greenwich Village down to Ground Zero. There were lots of people around getting ready for the ceremonies the following day. Both presidential candidates were supposed to be in attendance, so there was plenty of security on hand. But we were still able to walk around the site and pay our respects to those people who lost their lives that day in the World Trade towers. Having only been to New York City once before, and then only for a short time, I felt eerily like I recognized the place. Perhaps it was the constant TV coverage, but I knew where I was when I saw the buildings in the picture below. Even in the dark, I knew I was where the towers had once stood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...