Monday, April 13, 2009

The Mole Hole?


So, I'm walking by a pond the other day. I see some holes dug in the bank that appear to have fresh dirt in front of them. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them until I see dirt actually fly out of one of them. At first, I only caught it out of the corner of my eye, but a second or two of watching revealed that yes, something was actively kicking dirt out of the hole. So I started focusing in with the camera, and I eventually caught some shots of what I think is a mole digging his hole. He's hard to see under all that dirt, but you can see his little nose and whiskers, maybe some orange-brown teeth, too. It's hard to make out, but there may be something wrong with the other eye that you never really see. In the bottom two pictures, it looks like there might be some sort of growth covering the area where his other eye should be. Poor little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...