Saturday, May 23, 2009

The White House


I think it's about time I showed you a couple of pictures I took of the White House while I was in DC. Compared to many of the other things I saw on my trip, the White House is off the beaten path. I had to actually seek it out. It's not on the Mall, and it's surrounded by other buildings, security fences and trees. But there are two clear views, the ones you see here. The above shot is the main entrance. You can sort of see the driveway that runs in front of it. Look close and you'll see uniformed officers on the roof, keeping an eye on us tourists. The shot below is the rear of the building, the side that looks south. As near as I could tell, you couldn't see it from any angle other than these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...