Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Found It!


One of the things I searched for but didn't find during my first trip to DC was this portrait of TV blowhard Stephen Colbert. It had been hanging at the National Portrait Gallery for some weeks prior to my visit, but had been removed not long before I got there, perhaps because the joke had worn thin. However, the enterprising Mr. Colbert found a willing recipient in The Smithsonian and their National Museum of American History. They had this portrait hung in an area with other, more popular pop culture icons such as Archie Bunker's chair and Minnie Pearl's hat. Oh, and check out the bottom picture. It's still hung across from the bathroom. When I was there, the velvet ropes didn't have much of a crowd to guide. I'm sure that was just a temporary lull, though.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time out to post your visit to Washington. Nice to have a personal perspective

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...