Monday, December 07, 2009

Ready For Some Zither?


I think there are a few people out there who actually look forward to this post every year. And I don't think I've skipped it a single year since it's debut here in 2005, it's just that good. Whether you know what a zither is or not, I'm sure you'll enjoy Ruth Welcome-Christmas In Zitherland (Capitol ST 1782, Stereo, 1962). In previous years, when I shared this out I put a little 'c.' by the year because I wasn't sure when this was released. Well, this year, I've been using old copies of Billboard available for searching at Google, and I was able to verify that this was indeed released for the Christmas season in 1962.

1. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear/Lo, How A Rose Is Blooming/Angels And Shepherds
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem/What Child Is This?/O Come Little Children/Away In A Manger
3. O Holy Night/Coventry Carol/Angels From The Realms Of Glory/Silent Night
4. Jingle Bells/Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
5. I'll Be Home For Christmas
6. Silver Bells
7. The Christmas Song
8. Winter Wonderland
9. White Christmas

2 comments:

  1. This is a great album. I already have it, but it's nice to see it remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely worth one listen. Okay, I'm not a big zither fan...

    But I am a fan of Ernie (not Bert)!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...