Sunday, December 06, 2009

Three Sunsday, Part One


Those of you who've been frequenting my blog for a number of years know that my favorite Christmas artist of all times is The Three Suns. So it brings me great pleasure again this year to bring you their nearly complete Christmas collection, only a small portion of which has ever made it to CD. Today's tribute is going to go in reverse, so I'm starting with their very last Christmas release, and the one that many would call their best. I'll say this about it, it's so very, very good. And in stereo, too! That was a new addition last year, prior to that I'd only had a mono copy. You see this one shared out all over the web, and some of those are probably better rips than mine, so if you see it elsewhere, you might want to grab it. Someday I'll stumbled across a mint copy and then I'll have to remaster it. But for now, I encourage you to jump into Three Sunsday with both feet and download The Three Suns-A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas! (RCA Victor LSP-2054, Stereo, 1959).

1. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
2. Skaters Waltz
3. The Chipmunk Song
4. White Christmas
5. Ding Dong Dandy Christmas
6. The Christmas Song
7. Russian Sleigh Song
8. Jingle Bells
9. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
10. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
11. Jingle Bell Rock
12. Sleigh Ride
13. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
14. Winter Wonderland

4 comments:

  1. Heard this one off your blog last year and it was great. Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm downloading some of this special Christmas stuff to play in the public library, so the whole town will get to hear it.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to your blog for the first time today via christmasyuleblog (which I also just discovered).

    I love the simpler - if sometimes cheesy - music and cover art.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...