Monday, February 08, 2010

Woody et. al.


I waited and waited and waited for this little woodpecker to give me a better view yesterday, but he never showed my anymore than what you see here. And this was about the only time he stuck his head out of the shadow behind the palm tree.

I thought it a little odd that I would see similar woodpeckers two days in a row, and so many miles apart. The one up top was near the St. Petersburg Yacht Basin, and these two were ganging up on a telephone pole in Robinson Preserve near Bradenton. One of these two seems to be exhibiting male pattern baldness, although I'm not certain he was the male.

At least the one with the nice read head was closer, so I got a slightly closer picture of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...