Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Blue Flash


I was shooting the birds down at the Venice Rookery Saturday. (I've got dozens and dozens of pictures from there that I want to share with you, but I've got to start somewhere.) I saw a couple of ducks down at one end of the pond, so I took a couple of shots. The pictures with both ducks in one frame aren't too good, but here's a shot of one of them to give you an idea. According to my book, this is a Mottled Duck.

Then for some reason they flew off, and I almost couldn't believe my eyes. Look at that blue on the wings!

I almost couldn't believe it. Such a plain looking duck has those blue feathers hidden away.

I suppose I'm going to have to start paying more attention to ducks now. I usually don't pay them any mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...