Sunday, March 28, 2010

Two Nights In A Row


I was going to do a series of moon shots for you, but since it's cloudy and raining outside tonight, I guess my number of days in a row is going to end at two. So here are two shots of the waxing moon, one from Friday night and the other from Saturday. Pretty cool, eh? The Saturday shot is a little overexposed compared to the Friday shot. I didn't have as much time to play with it and try a bunch of different settings on the camera, but I think both of them are more than acceptable. The magnification on these is huge, with a 400mm lens, a 2x teleconverter and a 1.4x teleconverter, plus the 1.6x crop factor of an EF-S sensor, for a total of 1344mm! That's a lot of zoom.

I know that stacking teleconverters is a no-no, leading to lots of image degradation, but until I get much longer and better lenses, I'm pretty happy with these shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...