Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Up In The Airfest 2010-Part 14


No doubt many of you have been waiting for me to get to this part of my pictures from Airfest 2010 at Macdill this year. I've finally gotten to the jets. This is an F-15. It's one of the most amazing things you'll ever see flying through the air.

It was getting late in the day when they got this baby up in the air, and the way we faced the fly zone put me at a bit of a disadvantage with the camera. I was shooting into the sun, so some of these came out quite a bit darker than I would have liked.

But I think you'll get the idea that this is a fast, agile, scary and amazing plane.

Those flames coming out the back end when the pilot hits the afterburners just amaze me.

The on-board computers don't seem to care if it's flying right side up or up side down. It just goes where it's told.


It's amazing how the water vapor sometimes streams off the wings or the tail. In this case it swirled off of the back for whatever reason. But just for a second. The pictures above and below are the only two that showed that particular behavior.


The streams off the wingtips happened a lot more frequently. It would start all of a sudden, then it would go away, as if it had never been there. It's a weird effect.


I love that afterburner!








I know, it's way too many pictures, but I just loved some of these. Trust me, there are hundreds more that I'm not showing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...