Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chinablock


Here are some slightly better shots of the large gate in Washington DC's Chinatown district. After I posted pictures last time of a daylight visit, someone informed me that the locals don't refer to it as Chinatown, but as Chinablock, because it's rather small in relation to Chinatowns in other cities. Sounds good to me.

It's a pretty impressive gate, not matter the size of the surrounding area. I wish I'd had the nerve to stand in the middle of the street and photograph it, instead of these shots from the sidewalk. Maybe next time.

Hmm, looks like I did post a nighttime shot of this gate last year. I post so many things that sometimes I forget. Sigh. I even told the same Chinablock story. Double-sigh. These were the very last pictures I took on Friday during my trip to DC. Now we can move on to Saturday! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...