Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Sailor


Here are a couple more shots of The Lone Sailor, a popular statue located in the Navy Memorial in DC. That happened to be the stop we got off the Metro at for the parade on Saturday morning, but you'll hear all about that later. I was just happy to be in a place that I recognized. I showed you this guy before, as well as his twin on the other coast at the North end of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I walked by this fellow again on the Monday of my trip, and realized there's a whole Navy Museum in an adjacent building. I stuck my head in there for just a moment but didn't get to walk through as I was on my way out of town. They had another statue in the lobby by the same sculptor as this one, so I'll need to go back at some point and take a tour there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...