Sunday, May 09, 2010

You Otter Been There


I saw this cool little otter in Georgia at the Okefenokee Swamp Park. I guess otters are native to the swamp, but I didn't see any other than this one they had in a pen. We've got otters here in Florida, too, but it's been many years since I've seen one in the wild. I guess they stay as far from people as possible. I've seen them in captivity, though, and they're a delight to watch.

Unfortunately, this guy didn't seem too happy. He ha a fair sized enclosure, but he was all alone. Otters seem to enjoy playing together, so keeping one alone is a shame. The two times I wandered by his pen, he was laying there on his rock, all stretched out, sleeping his day away. He came around once to see if we had any food, but then he went back to sleeping.

Shhhhhh, otter trying to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...