Friday, November 26, 2010

Merriest, Indeed!

This is part two in my might-be-a-series-of-single releases this year.  I haven't decided if I want to try and keep up with it every day, but until I decide not to, I have to put something up each day, right?  This is a 4-song EP from the somewhat odd SESAC company.  I'm not sure if I have their story straight or not.  They don't seem to have released any commercial records, everything I've found by them has been of some sort of promotional nature.  It's all been fairly big-name artists, though, each one moonlighting from their regular label.  This time you get the great Skitch Henderson, Richard Maltby, and some vocal group called The Honey Dreamers who aren't bad, but I've never heard of them.  The selections aren't strictly Christmas, but they're certainly festive enough that no one will know the difference if you drop one into the mix.  It's short but sweet.  Please download and enjoy The Merriest Time! (Repertory/Sesac AD-35 7" 45 RPM, Mono).  If anybody has any more info about this release, or the SESAC/Repertory company in general, please don't be shy, share with me!

1. The Honey Dreamers With Richard Maltby And His Orchestra-Wild Bells
2. Richard Maltby And His Orchestra-Jangle Waltz
3. Richard Maltby And His Orchestra-Skater's Holiday
4. Skitch Henderson And His Orchestra-The Merry Bells

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire
Be sure to follow label instructions, this record is designed for repeated listening!

3 comments:

  1. SESAC is a performance rights organization, similar to (but much smaller than) BMI and ASCAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the SESAC recordings were similar to the publishers' promo recordings you see at times.

    The Honey Dreamers were an excellent group (if you like that kind of thing, and I do); I have several LPs by them. The group was started by Keith Textor and the lead singer for several years was Patty McGovern. I suspect this was a later edition o the group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buster, is that the same Keith Textor who made some of the Stereo Action LPs for RCA in the early sixties? I think I've also seen his name on a couple of things from Columbia...maybe. Red Rose something, maybe...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...