Sunday, January 23, 2011

On The Wing


Here's a slightly better photo of some glossy ibis in the air than the one I showed you a couple of weeks ago. Granted, it's fewer birds, but it's in focus, and that's important. I think I need to practice my manual focus, but that comes right after I practice my manual exposure and my tracking ability. There's a lot required to take a picture, trust me. I shot this foursome out at the Celery Fields, some reclaimed farm land here in Sarasota that's renowned locally as a great bird habitat. I didn't think it was all that impressive compared to some of the places I've seen, but I guess because it's here in town, it's got a certain charm. More to come, if I don't get all lazy on you.

1 comment:

  1. Great capture! I'm wondering why I didn't see this (or other photos) when you posted them. I think blogger might not be notifying me when you post...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...