Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


I don't think I've ever seen this many turkeys together. Right alongside the trail on afternoon at Circle B Bar Preserve, there they were. I couldn't even get them all into one shot. There are more of them to the left of this frame.

This was as close as I could get to them, and that was with a 400mm lens. I tried to give them a wide berth and get in front of them, but they wouldn't have anything to do with me.

Before I could get around them, they took off running, and just a second or two after I took this shot, they were airborne and gone.

1 comment:

  1. When I was in college back in NY State I made some extra money by delivering about 110 newspapers in my car. I came around a corner on this dirt road one day, and there sat about 3 times as many turkeys in your photo right in the middle of the road. Just out of instinct I slammed on my brakes, and scared them all off.

    It was about 10 days before Thanksgiving too. Had I thought of it in time, about 2 dozen needy families would have had fresh turkey for their Thanksgiving meal that year...lol. Of course I never saw those turkeys ever again...darn...lol.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...