Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Old Glory


I shot these close ups of a flag about a month ago when I stumbled across the funeral of the Fire Chief of Bradenton, Florida, who had passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack. They had suspended this huge American flag over a road, supported from the expended booms of two large fire trucks. Before I knew about the funeral procession, I'd turned down the road that the flag was hung over, and got to drive right under it. Once I figured out what was going on, I parked the car and started taking some pictures, some of which I shared with you earlier, but I'd forgotten to put up these flag pictures before now. For several weeks, I've had a detail from one of these as my desktop wallpaper, spread out over two widescreen monitors at work. It's quite the impressive display.


2 comments:

  1. That first shot is awesome...really well done. Did you do any post production on it? I can see why you had them on your desktops at work. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I was too lazy to play with it, that's just as it came out of the camera. The sun was behind it, just to the one side, and I think that really helped to light it up. I must have taken 100 slightly different version, trying to get just the right combination of angle, ripple and light. I think I got something fairly good.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...