Friday, April 08, 2011

Shutdown



In anticipation of the government shutdown tonight at midnight, they've already gone and drained the reflecting pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial. Hopefully they'll reach an agreement on the budget and be able to refill it. I guess if midnight comes and goes without a budget, they'll retract the Washington Monument into the ground and lower the garage doors between the columns on the Lincoln Memorial so no one will be able to look at them. Unfortunately, with the limited walking around DC I was able to do yesterday after arriving, it looks like they've already had to remove most of the cherry blossoms from the trees, as well as most of the green leaves. Now that's a tight budget!

(Problems still persist with Blogger not talking to Picasa.  Pictures may not display properly.  If they appear cut off, try clicking on them to see the full picture.  Google claims to be working on the issue.)

2 comments:

  1. "Problems still persist with Blogger not talking to Picasa."

    Just rude gestures at this point?

    But, seriously.... Meanwhile, my newly downloaded Browser doesn't like Blogger very much. These spats get old, don't they? (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, my newly downloaded browser. (I thought I was writing in German....)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...