Sunday, November 25, 2012

Old John

Today's remastered LP comes from 2008, which by all accounts was a very good year. But things have changed since then, so I'm revisiting some of those old shares to make them a little more presentable in today's modern computer age. If you're curious, you can look and see what I wrote back then, or you can just help yourself to Robert John Carwithen-The Bells On Christmas Morn-The Schulmerich "Carillon Americana" Bells (Decca DL 8792, Mono, 1958).  Yes, it's played on a carillon, but you get used to it, trust me.

1. "Basilican" Bells-Pealing
2. O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)
3. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
4. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
5. The First Noel
6. Joy To The World
7. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
8. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
9. Silent Night
10. White Christmas
11. Carol Of The Bells
12. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
13. Good Christian Men Rejoice-What Child Is This?
14. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
15. Deck The Hall-Good King Wenceslas
16. I Saw Three Ships-I Wonder As I Wander
17. Away In A Manger

MediaFire
Torrent

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this one. Soothing bells...Why is vintage Christmas music so much more reverent than the new stuff?

    Thank you for a wonderful share.

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ernie. I live in the Atlanta area and visit Stone Mountain frequently and love to hear the Carillon there. My very firs download many years ago was a Carillon posting by Bongobells. Brings back many great memories visiting the blogs over the past 8 or 9 years. Have a Merry Christmas and a terrific New Year!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...