Saturday, November 26, 2016

First In A While

I have not found a new picture by Demilio in a long time, and then this popped up today in a stack of records!  I'm sure most of you don't remember, but I used to collect and post LP covers that this artist did for the London label (originating with Decca UK, I believe) back in the 50's.  I know nothing about him, and only a little about what albums he did.  This particular one is from Stanley Black-Carnival In The Sun (London LL 1100). Isn't it great?  You can see more of these covers if you search the blog here.

5 comments:

  1. I like it! I may have this one somewhere - didn't realize you needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, I may have several that I have forgotten about. I just happened to find it and the scanner is right here... :) Now if you happen to find anything out about this guy, that would be a really big help to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was odd. Captcha must have thought I was a robot, I had to select certain pictures a couple of times to prove I was not. Never had that happen before...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the warm, festive, and climactic scene of revelers which are greeting us while immersed in sound, dance, confetti and streamers. Thanks for sharing his work. I'll have to keep an eye out for more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all the doodles you used to post. I enjoyed your photography as well!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...