Monday, January 02, 2017

More Organ, More Chimes

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  Here's another 10" LP of organ and chime music from one of the prolific Christmas organ and chime artists, Robert Rheims.  Some years ago I decided I was going to work my way through this guys Christmas discography, figure out what was unique, what was reissue, what was available on colored vinyl, what wasn't, and, what I thought most important, when it all came out.  But then my hard drive failed and I lost it all.  I haven't been able to force myself to do all that work again, but I did go ahead and rip this 10" record that I found that I don't think I had back then.  Mine is a little unique in that it's not on red vinyl.  All the ones I found on the internet were red, but mine is plain old black.  Most of Mr. Rheims stuff is pressed on red vinyl, occasionally on green, and once in a while you'll find it on black.  Not sure of the story behind that, because he produced stuff on a few different labels, and they all seem to have used the colored vinyl.  Perhaps someone out there knows and will clue me in.  In the meantime, please download and give a listen to Robert Rheims-Merry Christmas Carols-Organ And Chimes By Robert Rheims ((No Label) 10" 33 RPM 7007-A/B, 1957, Mono).

1. Adeste Fideles-O Come All Ye Faithful
2. Away In A Manger-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
3. First Noel-Joy To The World
4. I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas
5. Silent Night
6. O Little Town Of Bethlehem-O Holy Night
7. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear-O Christmas Tree
8. Jingle Bells

Zippyshare

4 comments:

  1. I can't say I have ever listened to one of his LPs, but I have certainly seen enough of them - although not this one!

    I have always had the sense that his stuff was self-issued, even if on various labels, but I could be mistaken. You would know more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir. I like the cover of this one. never seen it before. But I have not seen a lot that your have shared. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm old and forgetful. I ripped this again last night from the very same copy. It had completely slipped my mind. :(

    Here's a new link for the old share:

    https://mega.nz/#!BUcnGSTQ!IPO55qv7Y8upFpE_zO1JSHddpx-1BY7fTZcw_4RivVM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I have a bunch of these releases but haven't seen this one. Some of the RR LPs I have are on different quality vinyl. This one looks heavy.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...