Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Christmas In July 2017 Day 19

It's late, I'm tired, I just got off work, I'm going to bed.  Twelve tracks in tonight's share.  I'll detail them all later, they're all from the stuff I ripped last year but never shared.  Artists include Hugo Winterhalter, Della Reese, Morton Gould, The Don Baker Trio, Esquivel, Fats Waller, Joanie Sommers, really too much good stuff in one pile.  I should have spread it out a little better.  But you'll see.

Zippyshare

OK, let me update this post from last night with the tracks I shared in it.  Thanks for your patience.

1. Winter Wonderland by Music Minus One (Tyree Glenn, Seldon Powell, George Duvivier, Ed Shaughnessy) from the album Fools Rush In (Music Minus One 4046, Stereo).  This is one of those albums that you're supposed to perform along with.  I don't remember off the top of my head which instrument in particular was left off of this one, but give it a listen and see if you can find what's missing.

2. White Christmas by Joan Morris And William Bolcom, Piano from The Girl On The Magazine Cover-Songs Of Irving Berlin (RCA Red Seal ARL1-3089, Stereo, 1979).  I think I must have stuck this file in the wrong folder.  I just ripped this the other day, yet it was in my folder of music recorded last year.  I need to pay more attention...

3. Sun Valley Ski Run by Esquivel And His Orchestra from Strings Aflame (RCA Victor LSP-1988, Stereo, 1959).  Good stuff here!

4. Sleigh Ride by The Don Baker Trio from Cocktail Hammond (Capitol ST1099, Stereo, 1959).  1959 seems to be a popular year around these parts.  I wonder why that is?

5. Sleigh Bell by Six Fat Dutchmen Under The Direction Of H. Loeffelmacher from Schottisches (RCA Victor LSP-1957, Stereo, 1959).  See, there's 1959 again!

6. A Marshmallow World, another track by Hugo Winterhalter from his LP A Season For My Beloved (ABC-Paramount ABCS-447, Stereo, 1963).  How many more tracks can I have from this one?

7. Greensleeves by Joe Wilder from The Pretty Sound (Columbia CS 8173 (Demonstration), Stereo, 1959).  Another one...

8. Baby, It's Cold Outside (From The MGM Film "Neptune's Daughter") by Joanie Sommers from Sommers' Seasons (Warner Bros WS1504, Stereo, 1963).  One that isn't from 1959.  Good.

9. Swingin' Them Jingle Bells-Vocal by Fats Waller from The Complete Fats Waller Volume IV (RCA 2xLP 5905-1-RB, Mono, 1987, Originally Recorded in Chicago, 29 November 1936).  I shared the much rarer instrumental version of this with you earlier this month.  But this one is good too.

10. Sweet Little Jesus Boy by Helen Harbourt Zingg, Soprano; Julius C. Zingg. F.A.G.O., Organist And Director from Union Choir Sings (Mirrorsonic CM 7135, Mono).  Another from one of those local homemade records.

11. January-By The Hearth by Morton Gould At The Piano And Conducting His Orchestra from Tchaikovsky: The Months, Op. 37a (Columbia Masterworks ML 4487, Mono, 1950).  I've gotten several comments about this album.  You never know what people are going to like, I guess.

12. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm by Della Reese With Orchestra Conducted By Sid Bass from And That Reminds Me (Jubilee JGM 1116, Mono, 1959).  And of course we end on 1959.

Thanks for your patience.  I was way too tired to type all this in last night.  Hope there's something in there you enjoyed.

5 comments:

  1. Even though your tired you still took the time to share this out - greatly appreciate the efforts and of course the wonderful tunes - the Morton Gould album is delightful, if you ever get time to share full albums again that one please and I would think the rest of the holiday focal tunes would be just as nice. Even if you don't I still thank you for all your efforts - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem with that Morton Gould LP is that I recorded it over a year ago, and I've moved since then. It could be anywhere in a million different places. But thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which is why I swore I would never move again, just carry me out the front door on a plank when I'm done you know?

    No worries, I'm always concerned that you dedicated types who share will think me greedy and that could not be further that what I want to say which should just be thank you for taking the time to keep this wonderful music alive and out there

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved five years ago and still can't find things. In fact, it's getting worse, because I take things out of boxes and then they get mixed up with other things.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...